A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees  

Go Back   A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees > Discussion Categories > Open Discussion

Old 08-25-2010, 06:11 AM   #1
divinegrace

Unhappy Yogananda.net

What happened to this Board? Is everyone having problems or is it just me?

Jai Guru
divinegrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:40 AM   #2
goldenlotus

Imposssible to connect...

I haven't been able to connect with the webpage as well. I have been on holidays for some time and when I have returned I haven't been able to connect with it. I hope the problem is soon settled.

Goldenlotus (almer40 in the other forum)
goldenlotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:35 AM   #3
mccoy
supernal user

mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:03 PM   #4
desertflower
desertflower

Same thing happened to me. I hope the site returns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlotus View Post
I haven't been able to connect with the webpage as well. I have been on holidays for some time and when I have returned I haven't been able to connect with it. I hope the problem is soon settled.

Goldenlotus (almer40 in the other forum)
desertflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:06 AM   #5
mccoy
supernal user

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajakrsna View Post
... Why? Because the members there which were supposed to be placed under moderated status were not. Whereas those supposed to be qualified to be moderators themselves, Mccoy & Krsnaraja, were the ones placed in that mode. Who is rather more wiser, Allan or Delsol?
I like your explanation!
Old 08-26-2010, 01:11 AM   #6
mccoy
supernal user

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajakrsna View Post
Mccoy, the migration of yogananda.net members here officially has began. Lotusflower's registration as yoganandaji.org's 2017th member speaks for itself

Rajakrsna
Yes, but it's going to be a temporary mass-migration, it usually happens when St-allan's board crashes.

Maybe the curses of the users put under that topsy-turvy moderation mechanism have this deleterious effect on the board's algorithms.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:36 AM   #7
Stargazer

Allan runs the other board for us, has for years, and they have been getting better and better, in spite of some disgruntled users.
Allan's wife has just died, so maybe he is not quite so quick in the maintenance at the moment, or maybe never again. I got many wonderful friends from his board, so I am very grateful to him. Stargazer.
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:56 AM   #8
goldenlotus

I am sorry because Allan's wife passed away.

We are all disciples of one guru (Paramahansa Yogananda), one God. There can be sometimes problems in all the forums but there is no reason to think there are bad or good guys in one forum or the other. We should all be united in one idea, God, God, God.

I have always written in both forums. Greg also sometimes writes in the other forum and his posts are really appreciated. We shouldn't consider there are good or bad persons because they are from one country or the other, one religion or the other, one race or the other or even one forum or the other. We are all disciples of Yogananda! We are all united in one God!

In divine friendship

Almer40 (Goldenlotus)
Old 08-26-2010, 08:29 AM   #9
desertflower
desertflower

Stargazer - a sad thank you for this information. I am so sorry to hear of her passing. I had been away from the boards for a month or so. Prayers for them both. Mary
desertflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:44 PM   #10
eternal bliss

Wink

Dear Raja, just a little, curious question: what is your problem?

Why are you to such extend concerned about Allan's board? It's obvious that you don't like it and of course you are free to feel so. You've posted there often, have caused some confusion with different usernames. You wrote something about another board, which crashed too or you were banned or whatever.

Here on Shannon's board you moaned: Why I'm not a senior member? Then you have some fanciful theories (at least that's my view, but my English is pretty bad, so I just dont understand them) about "mass migrations of users" from yogananda.net (and why it crashed) to Shannon's board.

Then you would like to de-register from this board, then you didn't too much for me ! Anyways - probably I simply shouldn't interfere in your affairs

IDF, eb
Jai Guru

Last edited by eternal bliss; 08-27-2010 at 02:26 PM.
eternal bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:51 PM   #11
eternal bliss

Dear Raja, I try to understand - but I fear, I won't be successful .
In any case thanks for the letter from the source.

IDF, eb
Jai Guru

Last edited by eternal bliss; 08-28-2010 at 11:24 PM.
eternal bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:15 PM   #12
goldenlotus

I think we shouldn't take things so seriously. It is not so important.

Imagine this. I have been writing in www.yogananda.net for some time, a few months or even years. You don't know me well or the other devotees who write in this forum because you can't see my face, my gestures, the way I am really and the way I behave. Then, one day I have a problem with you in the forum. Instead of being united in the purpose of love, we have a quarrel in the forum. Perhaps one of us is set in a moderated status. Then we are "enemies". One day I decide to visit your country, you don't really know my real name or anything about me. I go and visit your SRF group and then I get to know you. We don't know that in the past we had a problem in a forum. We become friends and we think of each other in a positive way. Isn't it silly to think bad of other people just because we write in this forum or the other? They are only places to have spiritual friends but we don't really know each other. Let's try to be positive. Perhaps you don't like this or the other forum but you don't know me or the other people to judge them in detail. There is a wonderful world inside the spiritual heart of all of you and me. We should try to grow or cultivate it.

Goldenlotus
Old 08-26-2010, 11:31 PM   #13
mccoy
supernal user

Quote:
Delsol & the rest don`t moderate its registered users when an argument heats up because they understand human nature better than Allan.
Raja, that's not strictly true (the fact that they don't moderate).

The moderation scheme is different though.

There are sure reasons why in the other board moderation is applied pretty often and brutally. Not least, there might be many problematic users and chaos might ensue.

I do not agree at all with the procedure though.

A user, especially those users who have been hanging around for years, should be warned by a PM by the moderator, and the moderation status should be explained at lenght in advance and be of short duration.

I'm a moderator in a professional, unspiritual forum and I would never dream to moderate that way.

That having been told, Rajakrisna, in my case I'm happy I'm out forever from that forum.

It's a formidable community with many great devotes and friends but I often found myself involved in quarrels (very heated, too heated debates) and political issues which at the end, for a trifle, were poisoning the environment.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:54 PM   #14
SS7
SoulSoldier7

Allan's Wife...

Just read the news from Stargazer. How sad. That board was a godsend for me. Prayers for Allan in this difficult time.
SS7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:18 AM   #15
Greg
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
Allan runs the other board for us, has for years, and they have been getting better and better, in spite of some disgruntled users.
Allan's wife has just died, so maybe he is not quite so quick in the maintenance at the moment, or maybe never again. I got many wonderful friends from his board, so I am very grateful to him. Stargazer.
I'm very sorry to read about Allan's wife. I have fond memories of visiting him in Richmond, along with some other early Yogananda.net members, in 1999 I think.

_/|\_ "Cut through the chains of agency and perceive the Single Cause!"

Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:05 AM   #16
mita

Jai Guru Every one,

I came back after a long break, to hear a sad news about Allen's wife.

My prayers for Allen to face the pain.
for his wife for resting in peace.